First Peek of Chicago

 So something pretty big happened.... I MOVED TO CHICAGO!!! I'm so excited, I can't believe I am actually here, in the 3rd largest city in the US also known as the windy city. I spent my first day exploring downtown Chicago, the famous neighborhood called 'the Loop'. So here are my snapshots, I took them with my phone so excuse the bad quality of the pictures.



I started off by taking the train to the city center and of course I had to begin with the basic touristy stuff. First on my list was the famous "Bean" of Chicago, which is located at the Millennium Park with tons of other things to see. There's the BP Bridge, Lurie Garden, Nichols Bridgeway and the Crown Fountain. Next, I headed north on the Michigan Avenue to the Magnificent Mile to check out Chicago's shopping offerings, there everything from Topshop to Burberry! It's like 5th Avenue in New York or Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Also I came across the beautiful sculptures at the Michigan Avenue Bridge, the Wrigley Building, Old Chicago Water Tower and the Fourth Presbyterian Church. To top of the day I ended my little sight seeing tour with a short stop at Navy Pier. That day it was very rainy and foggy so I wasn't able to get a good view of the city. 

If you have any suggestions, recommendations or insider tips, let me know in the comments below, I appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. That's great, you moved, and to a beautiful city! I think that you covered a lot of things and little by little you will discover more and more, little corners that only locals know... it will be a great adventure and I am looking forward to seeing it here!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations on the big move. Yes, that's very significant. Chicago is a great city and full of art, I hope you enjoy the good parts that it has to offer. /Madison
    Caribbean Foodie

    ReplyDelete